‘The Diocese of Southwark is committed to the safeguarding of children young people and adults and for many years this commitment has been at the heart of our work across the parishes. As a result we have developed polices, procedures and training at all levels of the Diocese and I commend them to you. The following pages are the latest version of our safeguarding manual ‘A Safe Church’ and these should be widely available to those in your churches. https://southwark.anglican.org/safeguarding/diocesan-policies-and-procedures
It is my prayer that the polices and practice followed here in the Diocese of Southwark will help to contribute to making the Church a safe and welcoming place for all.'
For all the latest national policy and practice guidance approved by the House of Bishops, please visit www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding/policy-practice-guidance
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (freephone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).